|Product Type||Product Name||Check Price|
|Reef Octopus Skimmer HOB-100||Check Price on Amazon|
|Reef Octopus BH-1000 HOB Skimmer||Check Price on Amazon|
|Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer 90||Check Price on Amazon|
|Bubble Magus QQ1 Hang-On Nano Protein Skimmer||Check Price on Amazon|
|Coralife Protein Skimmer||Check Price on Amazon|
|CPR Bak-Pak 2 Protein Skimmer||Check Price on Amazon|
|AquaC Protein Skimmer Remora Pro||Check Price on Amazon|
A protein skimmer is an instrument used to remove debris from the water, especially organic waste and food. The most common application is seen in used commercial purposes like municipal water treatment facilities and large aquariums such as in zoos. Small protein skimmers are used in saltwater aquariums at the domestic basis.
The main importance of protein skimmers is that they make the water clean, clear and the habitat suitable for the fishes and other aquatic organisms. Usually, the surface of the water and the water inside gets polluted due to dissolved organic waste materials. It may also contain a layer of oils and other such substances.
This may hinder the light to enter the water hence making it harmful for the organisms. It removes all these impurities and debris and makes the water fit for the aquarium organisms.
It is very important to select a good quality aquarium protein skimmer for better aeration and cleanliness of the tank.
- 1 Reef Octopus Skimmer
- 2 Reef Octopus Skimmer HOB-100 (Hang On Back Protein Skimmer)
- 3 Reef Octopus BH-1000 HOB Skimmer
- 4 :
- 5 Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer 90:
- 6 Bubble Magus QQ1 Hang-On Nano Protein Skimmer:
- 7 Coralife Protein Skimmer For Saltwater Fish Tanks:
- 8 CPR Bak-Pak 2 Protein Skimmer
- 9 AquaC Protein Skimmer Remora Pro:
Reef Octopus Skimmer
– Rated for aquariums up to 105 Gallons
– Footprint: 8″ x 3.75″
– Height: 17″
– Power pump: Ultra-efficient Aquatrance 1000s pump
Reef Octopus Skimmer HOB-100 (Hang On Back Protein Skimmer)
The Reef Octopus Skimmer HOB is the device optimal and mostly preferred for large water tanks and aquariums. It is suitable for tanks withholding capacity up to 55 gallons of water. The device is easy to install and comes with an instruction manual.
The pump is designed such that it fits inside the aquarium. Position of the aquarium skimmer has to be at the posterior part of the aquarium, which includes mounting of the pump and adjustment of the intake strainer. The Reef Octopus Skimmer HOB is made up of acrylic which makes it sturdy. It is equipped with the new highly efficient Aquatrance pinwheel which makes skimming much efficient.
The most impressive feature of the model is its compact size. The model is manufactured in such a way that it is compact enough to be set up anywhere on the tank and be installed and started easily.
Features of Reef Octopus Skimmer HOB
– Adjustable surface attachment
– Low Profile body
– Air Silencer
– Solid Construction
– Filtration Handling
– 105 gallon – Light Filtration Demand
– 80 gallon – Medium Filtration Demand
– 60 gallon – Heavy Filtration Demand
– Aquatrance 1000s Pinwheel Pump
– Wattage: 9w
– Air Draw: 420 lp / 15 SCFH*
– Water Draw: 350 lp / 92 GPH*
The compact Reef Octopus BH-1000 is a durable and efficient hang on back protein skimmer. It can filter for aquariums up to 130 gallons or more. The installation of the device is easy, the pump has to be mounted externally under the body of the aquarium protein skimmer.
Reef Octopus BH-1000 has a sturdy and strong body constructed of polymer acrylic. It is equipped with newer technology pinwheel pump that produces proper water to air bubble ratio in the tank for optimal waste removal. This has a proportionate water bubble ratio thus removes more unwanted waste in the water.
This external protein skimmer has a collection cup which helps in drainage. It also has a precision valve. This model can work well in following saltwater tanks-
- 60-gallon heavy load
- 80-gallon medium load
- 130 gallon light load waste removal.
- Reef Octopus Aquatrance 1000s Pinwheel Pump
- Wattage: 9w
- Air Draw: 420 lp / 15 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 350 lp / 92 GPH*
Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer 90:
Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer is a versatile and efficient device that comes with a combination of duties of a conical in-sump aquarium skimmer with the installation ease of a hang-on unit.
It has an inbuilt bubble diffusing chamber which improves the performance and hybrid cone body which stabilizes foam production. This allows efficient waste-removing performance leading to clean and clear aquarium water.
Not only the entire water but this Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer also focuses on the surface water which usually contains much debris and dissolved organic waste. This improves the overall quality of the water.
The function of surface skimming removes oily surface film and organics from the water surface that usually accumulate and hamper light penetration. The Protein skimmer outlet contains foam sponges that help prevent microbubbles from entering the aquarium.
It has a sturdy acrylic body which enhances the durability and strength of the device. It is an external protein skimmer which has to be mounted on the tank hence does not take up space inside the tank.
Specifications of Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer:
- Dimensions: 7.5″ x 7.5″ x 23.8″ high
- Body Diameter: 4″
- Powered by: Reef Octopus Aquatrance 1000 Pinwheel Pump
- Rated for aquariums up to:
- 130 gallons – Light Bioload
- 80 gallons – Medium Bioload
- 60 gallons – Heavy Bioload
It is easy to install and comes with an instruction manual. Therefore allowing better assembling of the parts and time-saving.
Bubble Magus QQ1 Hang-On Nano Protein Skimmer:
Bubble Magus is one of the leading brands of protein skimmers especially for the purposes which require intense skimmers such as for large tanks and public aquariums. The most popular device QQ1 is a compact, budget-friendly aquarium protein skimmer. It is suitable for tanks up to 25 gallons.
The reason for its popularity along with the efficiency is its a unique design. It features a distinguished needle-wheel Rock SP600 Pump that delivers a considerably good amount of power. QQ1 is a convenient, easy to install and easy to use the device.
Its attachment point is the side of the tank. It does not even take up much of the space. It is not featured with air silencer but the noise is not disturbing. It is mostly suitable for the large saltwater aquariums and isn’t much popular for the tanks that have exceptionally high demand.
The design of this product is in such a way that the user can adjust the height of its aquarium skimmer body which leads to the proper functioning of the tank. There are many other options available in the market that pull up much more skim but if the customer’s demand is less and needs a budget-friendly device, this is the most fruitful choice.
- Extremely convenient and compact.
- Attachment point at side hence does not use much of the space of the tank.
- Cost-effective and budget-friendly.
- It is a small protein skimmer and doesn’t occupy much space.
- Cannot skim very large quantities.
- Suitable for selective tanks.
- Produces sound hence may be annoying.
Coralife Protein Skimmer For Saltwater Fish Tanks:
Coralife protein skimmer is most favored for the impeccable performance that many people desire today. Its exceptional performance and high efficiency allow to easily get rid of the organic compounds that might have dissolved in the aquarium water.
The model is featured with a fractionator for the foam. It produces the bubbles essential for filtration as it traps the organic debris and the wastes that might have been dissolved in the water It is an energy-friendly model which does not utilize much of the electricity and hence the user has the compensation of the high bills usually protein skimmers give.
Coralife protein skimmer has an easy setup and can be installed by even the new learners. It comes with an elaborate instruction manual which allows the user to set up the device in a proper way. It has a versatile filtration capacity ranging from 70 gallons to 220 gallons. Hence it is suitable for a wide range of tanks and aquariums and therefore is much preferred by the customers.
- Impressive strong needle wheel impeller.
- Easy installation
- Versatile capacity
- Customer service needs improvement.
CPR Bak-Pak 2 Protein Skimmer
The CPR Bak-Pak is a second-generation filtration unit. It has to be installed externally and is hang-on back protein skimmer. The model is designed for tank sizes up to 60 gallons. It is usually recommended to install multiple units in a large tank for better performance.
This aquarium skimmer is designed such that it can be worked with a pre skimmer. The surface water contains most of the debris and hence this function allows most efficient working.
Working of CPR Bak-Pak:
- Water first enters the external protein skimmer column from the aquarium.
- The water from the column flows through the biological chamber filled with filtration media.
- It is driven by a high power source and is extremely efficient.
- That allows counter water flow which increases bubble time and hence rejuvenates the filtration.
- It also has a collection cup which controls the collection of the foam.
- The installation is easy with the user requiring to hang the unit and plug it up. The manufacturers have improved the design which has an intake tube. It also allows an enclosed, directional outflow to eradicate salt splash and bubbles entrapment.
AquaC Protein Skimmer Remora Pro:
The spray injection method allows considerably high amounts of air and water to be processed with a relatively small pump. The exact mechanism of the spray technique isn’t clear, but it is by far the most successful technique.
The most common problem with protein skimmers is the clogging of the valves or nozzles by dust or other debris as the diameter is small. The AquaC protein skimmer spray injector is designed to wit a large nozzle that resists clogging.
The body is made up of acrylic to inhibit the growth of algae and other such organisms. It includes drain fillings. It is adjustable and is provided with screws for the same.
Specifications AquaC Protein Skimmer:
- Tank Size (Gallons): 50-120
- Dimensions: 22″ tall x 7-1/2″ wide x 3-1/4″ deep
- Tank opening 6-1/2″ x 1″
- Tank height 15-1/4″
- Space behind tank 3-1/4″
- Tank lip 1-1/2″ wide
- Vertical clearance above tank – 15″
- Flow Rate: 500 GPH maximum with a 10.5` shut-off
- Power Consumption: 49 Watts
- Pump Size (L x W x H): 5.0″ x 3.8″ x 4.2″
- Outlet Size / Inlet Size: 1/2″ MPT / 1/2″ FPT 10` grounded power cord.