Pet Odor – Tips On How To Remove Pet Stains And Odor
Bath and grooming products for a pet are meant to remove the odor of the pets too. The pets can be cats, dogs, birds, aquarium fish or any other exotic pet. Make sure that pet odor removers are pet-safe and biodegradable. These are known to effectively remove pet odors caused by cats, dogs, and other small animals and also take urine and littler stains and odor into account. Eliminating pet odors is an important step in toilet training your pet for it continues to return to the area, it has marked with its personal scent despite all the positive reinforcement that you can summon. Thus, it is important to neutralize the odor thoroughly to train your pet properly.
While steam colors and heat are known to permanently set the odor and the stain on the man-made fibers of the carpets, rugs, and sofas, cleaning chemicals with strong ammonia or vinegar odors are not as effective on pets to cover the urine odor as on their human counterparts. In fact, they might only encourage the pet to reinforce the urine scent mark in that particular area for better recognition.
Some of the effective ideas to remove pet odors are:
- Washable Items can be washed in the machine with one pound of baking soda to the regular detergent and then air-dry them.
- Enzymatic cleaners are known to clean the items and remove the odors too.
- Cover beds and sofas with an easy-to-wash, inexpensive, vinyl, flannel-backed tablecloth, which seems unattractive to your pet until it is toilet-trained.
- Try to clean the pet urine before it dries and soaks it up using newspaper and paper towels, to be able to remove the pet odor quickly. Once it dries, the smell becomes stronger.
- You may also keep these in the litter box to encourage your pet to use it as a ‘bathroom area’.
- To remove the traces of old chemical cleaners, you will have to clean the stains thoroughly in carpeting and other areas.
- An extractor or wet-vac or a vacuum cleaner is quite efficient and economical for the purpose.
- After a thorough cleaning, a high-quality pet odor neutralizer can be used while following the instructions on its pack carefully.
- You can also neutralize the odor by alternating baking soda and vinegar.
- After cleaning, sprinkle the area with baking soda and leaving it overnight. Next morning sweep it up and then use a strong vinegar wash. Then rinse the area. After a few hours, the smell of the vinegar evaporates up by itself.
You can also save your pets from having bad breath or body odor by giving them natural and healthy food, bathing them up properly and grooming and brushing them up regularly. Consistent care of the animals significantly reduces pet odors or eliminate them completely.