Painful Frequent or Bloody Urination In Cats – Diseases
The incidence of painful frequent or bloody urination is actually the indication of a serious renal disease in your cat. As a responsible cat owner you are required to take care of your cat to ensure good health. As cats have the habit of concealing their ailments you have to be cautious enough to identify their cause of their discomfort and find out effective treatment measures by taking it to a vet clinic. There can be various reasons for the occurrence of painful frequent or bloody urination of tour cat. The very incidence of passing of small quantities of urine frequently is known as Pollakiuria.
Diseases Leading to Painful Frequent or Bloody Urination
There can be a variety of ailments related to the urinary bladder, prostrate glands and the genitals that may lead to the condition of painful frequent or bloody urination. The following are some of the diseases that are characterized by painful excretion of urine.
- The incidence of infection in the urinary tract.
- The development of stones in the urinary tract known as Urocystolithiasis.
- The development of cancer in the excretory organs.
- Causing of trauma in urinary organs.
- The occurrence of Iatrogenic caused due to catheterization as a part of a medical procedure on a treatment basis.
- The development of feline urologic syndrome is also responsible for the condition of painful frequent or bloody urination.
- Even the incidence of few neurologic disorders may also lead to the development of painful and frequent urination in cats.
- The occurrence of the diseases related to the prostate gland like prostatitis or the inflammation of the prostate, cancer, hyperplasia or the enlargement of the bladder, abscesses, and cysts.
- The genital diseases like the vaginal inflammation, paraphimosis or the inability of retracting the penis inside the sheath, cancer and the attack of the genitals by foreign bodies.
Diagnosis for Painful Frequent and Bloody Urination
- The complete blood count and biochemical profile are conducted. In the case of the incidence of any form of infectious disease in the kidneys, there would be a significant rise in the white blood cells.
- The electrolyte status of the kidney is also measured in order to detect the incidence of urinary obstruction.
- Urinalysis is one of the most common methods of diagnosing diseases by noting down the presence of the white blood cells, elements of protein for detecting inflammation of the urinary tract and crystals for bladder stones.
- The bacterial urine culture is also done to detect the occurrence of any bacterial infection as it one of the most main causes behind the incidence of painful frequent and bloody urination. Cystocentesis is a type of bacterial urine culture where the sample of urine is taken directly from the bladder with the help of an injection or syringe.
- To determine the formation of stones and ulcers abdominal X-rays are done.
- The abdominal ultrasound is also conducted to examine the urinary tract very thoroughly. The incidence of stones, tumors and prostatic diseases can easily be identified.
- The Contrast cystourethrogram is a dye study where the urinary bladder and the urethra is examined very carefully. This helps to detect the development of a stone or tumor in the renal organs.
You are recommended to take care of your pet and administer all the medicines with their right dosage as prescribed by the vet doctor. You have to watch your cat very closely and if the disease persists, take necessary steps to take your pet cat for a surgical therapy if required.